Chakra Balancing: Healing the Seven Major Chakras
A ‘chakra: is a centre of organisation that receives, assimilates, and expresses ‘life force’ energy – this energy is known as ‘prana’ in the Indian yogic tradition, ‘chi’ in the Chinese tradition and ‘ki’ in the Japanese tradition. There are many other names.
The word chakra literally translates as ‘wheel’ or ‘disk’ because it refers to a spinning sphere of bioenergetic activity emanating from the major nerve ganglia extending forward from the spinal column.
Traditionally, there are seven of these wheels stacked in a column of energy (called the ‘sushumna’) that spans from the base of the spine (coccyx) to the top of the head. There are also minor chakras in the hands, feet, fingertips and shoulders. Literally, any vortex of energy and activity can be referred to as a chakra.
The seven major chakras in the body correlate to various states of consciousness – and, when imbalanced, various states of dysfunction.
Although the chakras are essentially non-physical, they have a ‘location’ in the energy system of the body, particularly in how they relate to each other. These are just examples of common imbalances that show up. Each person is unique, so the challenges they are facing as a result of any imbalance will be different.
Book your chakra healing session
Jaime works with his High Self/Spiritual Consciousness (called ‘Spirit’ or ‘Source’). You have the same access to this Infinite Intelligence and Source of Love and Awareness, you may have just forgotten. Jaime’s ‘job’ is to help you reconnect to this vast aspect of yourself, so that everything in your life is more fluid, balanced and healthy.
Through a constant commitment to working on purification of his own energies, Jaime is a pure and clear channel for powerful healing currents to flow through him to you (yoga teacher, intuitive and shaman), and is thus able to receive guidance on your life issues and where your chakras may be imbalanced or partially blocked (note: it is rare to have a fully blocked chakra – but, if this is the case, often a serious illness will accompany it sooner or later, unless cleared).
By being sensitive to energies (in the form of thoughts and emotions), Jaime is able to clean negative energies. As a result, outer life shifts will occur – physically, mentally and emotionally/spiritually. Your life is not separate from the chakras – both influence each other at all times.
A short chakra balancing session lasts 40 minutes, including a brief consultation (10-15 minutes).
Chakra Balancing – with Personalised Sound Healing
Sound is a dynamic frequency that has the innate capacity to bring about tremendous shifts in your energy field.
To continue the healing process, Jaime can create an additional “sound healing” track for clients to listen to – using a combination of any of the following: voice (vocal harmonics/sacred chants), djembe/shamanic drum, didgeridoo, guitar, hang). The deep healing frequencies of any combination of these instruments creates further change in the chakras, and reinforces the healing work done. As well, deep physical changes in the brain and nervous system also occur, re-patterning the pathways.
The track takes anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes to record, is personalised to you, and lasts anywhere from 6-10 minutes.
“I felt that every layer of discord was being shifted by the vibration of the sound.”
“I experienced what I can only describe as a spiritual awakening.”
“Jaime is a wonderfully sensitive, caring and empathic healer.”
To learn more about how sound creates form, read this article.
Pay for your session >
Book in using Jaime’s Calendar >
Want a more in-depth clearing?
Chakra healing is powerful in its own right. However, for those so guided, a full ‘life clearing‘ can be a powerful step in the healing journey and help re-awaken the Soul to its purpose, opening the doors that need to be opened, and closing the doors that need to be shut.
Overview of the Seven Chakras:
- Location: Base of the spine/genitals (also affects the legs, knees, and feet)
- Color: Red
Some of the common feelings and signs of an imbalanced Root Chakra:
- Feeling ungrounded or unsettled (whirly)
- Lower back pain
- Overwhelmed by Fear
- Feeling unsupported in life
- Living in the past
- Lack of direction
- Aggressive behavior
- Recklessness and carelessness
- Shame and guilt
- Location: Below naval/reproductive area (sometimes affects the hips)
- Color: Orange
Some of the common feelings and signs of an imbalanced Sacral Chakra:
- Unable to “go with the flow”
- Feeling unworthy/worthless; not good enough/not enough
- Hormone imbalance
- Mood swings
- Cold and distant behavior; extreme detachment from others
- Lack of focus on what one wants in life
- Lack of desire; apathy
- Lack of creativity
- Sexual repression or overly sexual
- Overly needy; clingy
- Lack of confidence in relationships
Solar Plexus Chakra
- Location: Above naval/below ribs (also affects the whole stomach area)
- Color: Yellow
Some of the common symptoms/signs of an imbalanced Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Low self-esteem
- Lack of personal power/strength
- Inability to set or maintain boundaries
- Lack of self-control
- Depression or anxiety
- Stomach issues
- Difficulty gaining or losing weight
- Location: Center of chest (effects breast area and arms as well)
- Color: Green or Pink
Some of the common feelings and signs of an imbalanced Heart Chakra:
- Childhood trauma
- over-loving to the point of suffocation
- Location: Center of throat (also affects the face, jaw, teeth & neck)
- Color: Blue
Some of the common feelings/signs of an imbalanced Throat Chakra:
- fear of speaking or not speaking up for yourself
- Inability to express or be in your authentic self
- Inability to express thoughts
- inconsistency in speech and actions
- social anxiety
Third Eye Chakra
- Location: Center of eyebrows (effects upper and around the head as well)
- Color: Violet or Indigo
Some of the common feelings and signs of an imbalanced Third Eye Chakra:
- issues with self-reflection;
- An inability to look at one’s own fears
- Inability to have an open mind
- Day-dream often and live in a world with exaggerated imagination.
- Lack of connection to intuitive knowing
- Location: Top of the head
- Color: White
Some of the common symptoms/signs of a blocked and an imbalanced Crown Chakra:
- lack of spiritual & divine connection
- sleep disturbances or nightmares,
- memory disorders
- neglecting physical needs, over imaginative
- mental confusion
- disconnection from earthly matters