Certified Indian Champissage Course | Indian Head Massage
[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]
Why learn Indian Champissage?
Learn how to connect to your inner healer and discover how to help yourself and others relax and unwind through this ancient Indian art of massaging and balancing the head, neck and shoulders.
It sounds like a treat but, in fact, Indian Champissage isn’t simply a ‘treat’. The benefits are crucial in assisting with a variety of physical and emotional challenges. Here are just a few of the key ones:
- Helps prevent migraines, headaches and back pain
- Often tension in the upper back, neck and head can lead to migraines, headaches and back pain which can make for uncomfortable living on a day to day basis and sometimes even lead to depression.
- Promotes hair growth
- Massage increases nourishment and oxygen to the scalp and hair follicles which in turns stimulates hair growth. It’s a sure way to long, luscious, happy hair!
- Detoxifies the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage
- Indian Champissage stimulates and improves lymphatic drainage and blood flow to the neck thus helping to remove waste products from the body.
- Relieves sleeplessness, restlessness and insomnia
- Relieves symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Massaging the head encourages the supply of oxygen to the brain which is one of the best ways of reducing anxiety and of lifting one’s mood.
- Renews energy levels
- Working on the chakras has a powerful effect in bringing the energy of the body back into balance.
- Boosts memory capabilities
- Often people experience short-term memory difficulties if their minds are overloaded. Today’s fast-paced lifestyle is taking its toll on all of us… Indian Champissage slows us down, sensual awareness takes over, thoughts quieten and awareness is brought to the forefront.
All welcome, this course is open to complete beginners, partners, friends and family alike!
“The Indian Head Massage course was really lovely, relaxing and hugely beneficial. Jennifer is an amazing teacher – really kind and patient, brilliant at understanding different people’s requirements and has a lovely way of explaining things. I really enjoyed the weekend and learnt so much! much more than I had even expected, and left feeling wonderful. In the few days after the course I noticed some ‘detoxing’ stuff which helped me to identify and release things, particularly stress! I’d also been having problems sleeping and since the course this has massively improved. The techniques learnt were really valuable and I continue using them daily. I’m also so inspired I’m intending to take the IHM qualification and hopefully become a practitioner in the future. Thanks Jennifer!” HB
About the Indian Champissage course
The aim of the course is to provide a comprehensive grounding in the practical application of Indian Champissage/Indian Head Massage, as well as covering the theory and the history of how it developed.
Indian Champissage is now widely known in the West (and is more commonly known as ‘Indian Head Massage’) largely due to the efforts of Narenda Mehta, the founder of Indian Champissage and the London Centre of Indian Champissage (LCIC). The LCIC system is simple yet highly effective, and is a rewarding skill to learn whether you intend to practice professionally or not.
Hundreds of students have enrolled on this course as their very first introduction to massage because no previous massage training is required!
For those who do wish to practice professionally, the course provides a recognised CMA qualification and a solid introduction into massage and therapy. For those who are working in the holistic and/or beauty field, it is a great skill to acquire and provides an opportunity to earn recognised CPD points too.
Cost & Enrollment
- Open to all, no previous training required.
- The cost includes your full training, comprehensive manual and CMA Accredited Certificate.
- The course runs from 10am until 6pm each day, with an hour break for lunch unless stated otherwise.
- In addition, there will be a mid-morning and mid-afternoon break for teas, coffees and biscuits.
- Cost varies depending on the venue and whether the course is residential or non-residential.
- An additional exam fee applies for Diploma Students when booking for the exam. Please note, this is not a requirement for Certificate Students.
- Check out our events timetable for latest dates, teaching venue and cost.
There are two different course options – one for the home therapist, and another for the professional therapist:
Certificate course (3-day course only)*
This is a good option if you are interested in training to give nourishing treatments to friends and family members.
If you are in a relationship, the course provides a fun way to get to know each other, and connect, in a totally different way. It is also fun to do the course with a friend or a family member! Learning is fun in a group setting, and the course provides a safe, relaxed but stimulating environment in which to learn.
*Please note that for small group sizes the course may be run over 2 days instead of 3.
Diploma Course (3 day course, plus case studies, theory and practical exam)*
This option is for you if you are interested in gaining a recognised qualification to offer treatments to the general public. It requires more time commitment, but once qualified you will be eligible to apply for therapists’ insurance and to start charging for your services. The Diploma course is accredited by CMA and 21 CMA CPD points will be awarded.
For those wishing to complete the Diploma course you will be required to complete comprehensive case studies and sit both a theory and practical exam in order to be eligible for the Indian Champissage Diploma. The date for the exam is usually agreed during the course. If you need to be flexible around dates, please contact Jennifer.
Once qualified (Diploma course) you can also subscribe to the LCIC Register including listing on the LCIC Website.
Places limited to 10 students to create an intimate setting, where participants can receive plenty of opportunity for learning and questions. If there are just 6 students, the course will run over 2 days instead of 3 days.
Exam Fee (for Diploma Students)
£60 – includes assessment of case studies, written and practical exam
What to expect: course structure
Course is held over 2 days, where there are 6 students or less
- History of Champissage
- Unit I: Practical – Massage of the shoulders
- Unit II: Practical – Massage of the upper arms
- Revision of Units I & II
- Benefits & Contraindications
- Unit III: Practical – Massage of the neck
- Revision of Units I, II and III
- Unit IV: Practical – Massage of the head
- Revision of Units I – IV
- Introduction of Chakra energy
- Unit V: Practical – Massage of the face, ears & energy balancing techniques
- Stress Management
- Anatomy and discussion of exam format
- Final revision of Units I – V
- Distribution of Attendance Certificates
HOME PRACTICE FOLLOWING 3 DAY COURSE
15-20 hours of practice is required before beginning Case studies
5 case studies, of at least 5 treatments each (12.5.hours)
Anatomy Study (15-20 hours)
- Presentation of case studies
- Practical examination
- Written examination (60 minutes) based on course material and book (Indian Head Massage by Narendra Mehta)
- (Multiple choice questions)
The Diploma will be awarded only after satisfactory completion of all Case Study and Exam requirements.
How to book
Check out our events timetable to book your place on the next exciting Indian Champissage course!
Want us to run a course in your city/country? Invite us to teach!
If you have any further questions about the course, please feel free to contact us.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]