Advanced Healing Energy For Our Evolving World
Please note that the Karuna Reiki® Masters course can only be taught to Usui Reiki Masters because of the higher frequency ki which comes through.
Karuna Reiki® courses are typically conducted over three days. Plenty of practice time is included for giving treatments, using the symbols, learning the attunements, and how to chant and tone using Karuna Reiki®.
Students will benefit from Jaime’s breadth and depth of experience as a Master Sound Healer, as he teaches the fundamentals of how to use the voice to create beautiful harmonics.
Sound is a dynamic, shifting frequency that has the capacity to bring about tremendous shifts in consciousness. The student’s own healing will be quickened as well as creating more powerful healings for the clients who come for Karuna Reiki ® treatments.
The cost of the three day non-residential course is £600, which includes your registered certificate from the International Center for Reiki Training on completion of the course and the official manual which contains in-depth descriptions of each symbol and each attunement process.
Karuna Reiki® Practitioner (I and II) – 2 day course – £400
Karuna Reiki® Master training – 3 day course – £600
Both levels of Karuna Reiki® and both attunements will be given as well as instruction and practice on the use of all symbols.
After the Karuna Reiki® masters course, you will be able to teach all levels of Karuna Reiki® to those Reiki Masters wishing to take their Reiki practice further.
In addition to the heart space being further opened, an activation of one or more particular chakras and subtle bodies takes place at each Reiki level. In simple terms, an activation could be considered the switching on of an etheric circuit, enabling the individual to receive and be a conduit for a particular vibrational (density) band. In Karuna-based Reiki, the ninth, tenth and eleventh chakras and related subtle bodies are activated.
Please read about Lightarian Reiki â„¢for a better understanding.
Please read client and student feedback on Karuna Reiki ® courses.
Healing with sound
Learning to be a vehicle for sound is a vital part of Karuna Reiki®. Toning and chanting during a Karuna Reiki® treatment creates profound shifts in the vibrational frequency of the healing energy and allows the Karuna Reiki® practitioner to merge more profoundly with the energy current. This idea is validated by the Mahayana Buddhist tradition in which the bodhisattva Avalokitesvhara is said to create the “Sound that illumines the world”.
Chanting the name of the Karuna Reiki® symbol or the sound of a series of symbols enhances the overall qualities of Karuna Reiki® while the practitioner’s hands are on or near the recipient’s body. The energies will guide themselves going to the place they are needed.
Toning the name of the symbol beams Karuna Reiki® directs the energy directly into a block or area in need of healing.
When one allows oneself to truly channel Reiki through the sound current, it dramatically improves one’s overall ability to bring through powerful healing energy. This technique can take us to ever higher levels of consciousness and light and invite new guides to help and channel through us in exciting and powerful ways.
The future of medicine is sound
The psychic Edgar Cayce predicted that the future of medicine would be sound. Today, people from all walks of life and different professions are beginning to appreciate the power of sound and music to heal and transform.
Sound and music are being used in traditional fields to enhance learning, treat stress and pain, and to bring healing. The use of ultra-sonics in hospitals to destroy kidney stones, for example, works with the principle of resonance, which is the basis of sound healing.
There is currently much scientific research, for example in the areas of psycho-acoustics and physiology, to investigate the use of sound to heal and transform. Although this is still in its infancy, humankind’s potential for healing is nearly limitless if technology is applied through a conscious understanding of the importance of intent and the sacred nature of sound.
Reiki, as a system, uses Japanese Kanji characters as symbols, with each symbol functioning as a key to activate a specific frequency of energy, which facilitates stress reduction, relaxation and healing. Through vocalising the sounds of the Reiki symbols, it is possible to sonically manifest these symbols, creating states of deep relaxation and meditation and actually resonating and releasing areas of imbalance in the physical body and etheric fields.
The use of the voice for healing is called toning, and is probably the oldest, most natural form of healing there is. Vocalising the Reiki symbols is most effective when done through an ancient technique called overtoning, which is used to project specific harmonics into and around the physical and subtle bodies of the person being treated.
The vocal harmonics produced through overtoning not only resonate the physical body and the etheric fields but also vibrate different portions of the brain. Just as it is possible to project healing energy through touch, we can do the same with our voice.
Reiki is an ideal medium to combine with sound because the energy behind the sound is of equal importance to the sound being created. Chanting the name of the symbol or the sound of a series of symbols enhances the overall qualities of Reiki, whilst toning the name of a Reiki symbol beams energy directly into a block or area in need of healing.
Energy Therapy also offers Reiki Drumming Courses as an alternative sound-based healing course.
You can learn more about sound healing by reading the science behind sound
The meaning of Karuna
Karuna is a Sanskrit word and is used in Hinduism and Buddhism. It is translanted to mean any action that is taken to diminish the suffering of others and could also be translated as “compassionate action.” When individuals experience enlightenment, they report that all beings are known as one. Therefore, it is natural to extend compassionate action or Karuna to everyone without distinction because we are all one. As we help others and aid them in their healing process, all beings benefit. Because of the oneness of all beings, it is understood that Karuna is not only extended to others out of love, but also because it is an entirely logical thing to do. In the same way that you would want to heal your own wounds, you would also want the wounds of others to heal. It is also stated in the Buddhist literature that Karuna must be accompanied by parjna or wisdom in order to have the right effect.
Karuna is the motivating quality of all enlightened beings who are working to end suffering on Earth. They continually send an unlimited amount of healing energy and guidance to us, but not all are receptive to it. As you develop Karuna in yourself, not only are you helping others, but you also become more receptive to the Karuna that is being sent by all enlightened beings. Thus your healing is quickened as well.
Karuna Reiki® opens you to work more closely with all enlightened beings. This includes those enlightened ones who are physically present as well as those in spirit.
Origin of the Karuna system of Reiki
Karuna Reiki® evolved out of Usui and Tibetan Reiki from a desire and a knowingness that there is always something greater waiting to be uncovered. The love of our Creator is unbounded and because of this, there is no limit to the good that can come to those who seek. No matter how wonderful something is there can always be more.
The Karuna system of Reiki was developed by William Lee Rand and other healers at The International Center for Reiki Training. While some of the symbols used in Karuna Reiki® are used by other schools and systems, because the attunements are different and the intention is different, the energies that are connected to Karuna Reiki® are unique to the system.
The Karuna Reiki® course
This course is complete with two levels, two attunements, four master symbols and eight treatment symbols.
The International Centre for Reiki Training has experimented with and taught this system since 1994 and have found it to be extremely effective and powerful. Karuna Reiki® has a more definite feeling to it. It works on all the bodies whilst helping one become more grounded. Those who receive the attunements report experiences with their guides, angels, and higher self and feel the healing presence of other enlightened beings such as Kwan Yin, Buddha, Mother Mary and Jesus Christ (also known as Sananda).
Many experience the energy flowing not just through the body and arms, but all around the outside as well so that it completely surrounds the practitioner on the way to the client. This can be a very moving experience and many who have been Reiki masters for years begin channeling healing results that are more powerful than previously experienced.
The benefit of having more symbols
Karuna Reiki® symbols give the Reiki master more tools to work with. The Karuna energy has greater “bandwidth” than traditional Usui Reiki and the symbols act as focusing tools, giving greater flexibility to one’s healings. A brief description of the eight Karuna Reiki® symbols is included here to help understand the value of having these additional tools.
Karuna Reiki® Level I symbols
- Symbol 1 – The first Karuna Reiki® symbol prepares the client for deep healing and is useful in addressing past life issues. It helps release karma and deeply seated issues on the cellular level. It often reduces or eliminates the pain associated with emotional healing by creating a kind of spiritual anesthetic effect. It works on hidden issues that have become imbedded in the cells of our bodies – memory of trauma, negative feelings and ideas from this and other lifetimes. The symbol can be invoked with the conscious intent to call upon Archangel Gabriel to take the karma of the issue and heal it.
- Symbol 2 – The second Karuna Reiki® symbol heals deeply and can be used to breakup the negative patterns we unconsciously use to insulate ourselves from the truth. This helps to shatter delusion and denial, while helping heal the shadow self. It helps us accept that imperfect part of ourself so we can bring it into our conscious mind, love it and heal it. It is very helpful in healing sexual and physical abuse. It can activate a laser-like beam of healing light to heal tumors and cysts and many other imbalances.
- Symbol 3 – The third Karuna Reiki® symbol heals the heart and all issues relating to the heart. It can also be used to fill in a healed area with love where negative energy or blocks have been removed. Can be used to heal relationships of all kinds. It is also useful in developing good habits and it can be used to help heal addictions, restoring the balance within the heart.
- Symbol 4 – The fourth Karuna Reiki® symbol is excellent to use at the end of a healing session. It heals lower chakras helping a person be more fully present, alert and focused. By using the symbol on the clients feet, the feet chakras are opened and this will pull the person back into their body. This technique also pulls negative energy or blockages from anywhere in the person’s energy system out the feet and can often release pain.
Karuna Reiki® Level II symbols
- Symbol 5 – The fifth Karuna Reiki® symbol heals the mind and links one more strongly with the Higher Self. It brings the Higher Self into the physical body. It therefore penetrates very deeply and lifts out emotional pain, often bringing an awareness of the true cause of the pain in a way that completes the healing. It improves learning ability, heals communication because of improved mental clarity, and increases creativity. It works well with symbol 4 allowing the Higher Self to manifest creativity on the physical plane.
- Symbol 6 – The sixth Karuna Reiki® symbol is used for physical manifestation and for healing the human race. It is used for grounding, creating a strong connection to the earth and bringing one’s consciousness more fully into one’s body. This symbol will also help guide one’s path through life in a very practical way.
- Symbol 7 – The seventh Karuna Reiki® symbol can help us to claim our power and to break free from others’ expectations. This symbol helps us to break free from an unhealthy sense of responsibility that we may have with those we are close to. It can be used to empowers goals, helping us act on our plans even if others are not happy with our decisions. It is also truly an Earth healing energy, and can help us connect with the consciousness of trees, flowers, crystals, etc.
- Symbol 8 – The final Karuna Reiki® symbol brings peace and creates trust in life. Helping to heal the past, it brings peace into the now and helps free us from worry about the future. It heals insomnia by releasing fear and creating a gentle peaceful feeling. It is good for healing nightmares and is helpful in treating panic attacks or chronic fatique. This symbol helps us manifest the best results – when combined with symbol 3 it can bring harmony to the realization of one’s goals making them seem effortless to achieve. It also increases clairvoyance.
Additional course information
The Karuna Reiki® course features a powerful Reiki meditation to be aware of and heal the Shadow Self If we are to heal ourselves from creating unwanted experiences, then we must be willing to deal with the unconscious parts of our mind and heal them. The part of the mind responsible for creating our unwanted experiences is sometimes called the Shadow Self.
How to book
Check out our events timetable to book your place on the next exciting Karuna Reiki course!
Want us to run a course in your city/country? Invite us to teach!
If you have any further questions about the course, please feel free to contact us.