Why Growing Food is The Single Most Impactful Thing You Can Do in a Corrupt Political System
What if our energy was invested in something that directly and immediately improved life, community, and the world at large?
The simple act of growing our own food directly challenges the control matrix in many authentic ways, which is why some of the most forward-thinking people are picking up shovels and starting gardens. It has become much more of a meaningful statement than supporting our tired political structure that is run by corrupt monetary interests.
Take, for example, Ron Finley, the ‘Guerrilla Gardener’ from Los Angeles who inspires the world with no-nonsense truth about how the corporate food systemenslaves us, while proving to us that the most effective weapon in this fight is fertile soil. He makes growing veggies cool again, as it should be, because food sovereignty is the very foundation of personal independence.
“I live in a food prison.. It’s all by design just like prisons are by designed. I just got tired of being an inmate. So I figured, let me change this paradigm, let me grown my own food. This is one thing I can do to escape this predestined life that I have unwillingly subscribed to.” – Ron Finley
Think about it. Creating your own food supply challenges the status quo in a number of important ways.
Growing your own food:
- Decreases dependence on a polluted corporate food system
- Improves health and wellness by providing exercise and nutritious food, freeing us from dependence on a for-profit medical system
- Undermines Monsanto and the agro-chemical industry that is polluting our world and killing bees
- Highlights issues of political control by pitting homeowners and gardeners against government and ordinance makers
- Builds and heals community by providing a place and activity worth coming together over
- Works to repair the damage we are doing to the environment with our consumer lifestyles
- Protects us against insecurity and food unrest
- Facilitates a greater awakening by setting an example for others to follow
When united, awareness and action create the kind of changes that a rigid control system cannot tolerate, and when extraordinary people like Ron Finley take the lead, a meaningful movement can take hold. This is real action, it is very effective, and as it becomes more mainstream to set up gardens in your yard and on your block, we will witness the re-emergence of the kind of society we just cannot create by playing by the rules of a rigged system.
“I had sixty people putting in an urban garden while you all were marching. Now who do you think was more effective?” – Ron Finley
Here’s Ron in a recent interview with Marc Angelo of the Superhero Academy:
Just a few generations ago, gardening for sustenance was not the fringe activity that it has become in recent decades, because it was a basic daily act of survival. One that will rise again as a controlled economy and engineered economic collapse will make it imperative to join forces with your community and defend your personal sovereignty.
““Why don’t you churches get together instead of with your ‘my religion is better than yours’ bullshit, and get together and put in a healthy food market… isn’t that doing good business? If your people live longer, don’t you get more money?” – Ron Finley
What happens when you transform yourself by deepening your connection to nature? What happens when you then transform your community by bringing your neighbors together in the goal of providing something of immense value to all? What happens then when a nation of transformed communities sees their world without the boundaries of and limitations imposed on us by a corrupt system?
The four year cycle of presidential politics in the US is far more effective at stealing the constructive energy of motivated people than it is at bringing about meaningful change to our lives, communities and to the nation as a whole. Time to try something far more effective and rewarding. Let’s overgrow the system, and transform our health and communities in the process.
For a sign that this movement is spreading across the nation, check out this homegrown music video, ‘Gardening is Gangsta,’ by Mark Jankins and Sifu Paul Davis. “I don’t rely on new food stamps. Cuz’ every season got me harvesting some new plants.”
This article has been edited for length and content.
(Gardening More Meaningful than Voting in a Rigged Political System) was originally created and published by Waking Times and is published here under a Creative Commons license with attribution to Vic Bishop and WakingTimes.com.
Enjoyed this article and want to know more? Here are some easy steps you can take right now…
- Book a life changing “remote healing session” with Soul Guidance with Jaime: https://www.energytherapy.biz/energy-healing-with-jaime-tanna/
- Join Jaime’s fantastic 1 year Energy Coaching Program: Total Frequency Shift — Discover Radiant Health & Freedom
- Sign up for Jaime’s exciting new substack at https://energytherapy.substack.com/https://energytherapy.substack.com/