4 Ways To Stop Being Distracted By The Constant Ping of Your Phone!
If we constantly check for text or Whatsapp messages and become hypnotised by our Facebook feed, then we become slaves to our present-day technology rather than masters of it. If we allow ourselves to be constantly distracted by the constant ‘ping’ of our phones, our minds will become tired and scattered, blown about like leaves in the wind!
The consequences of being distracted by technology can range from simply annoying – a group of friends meeting up for lunch or dinner but no one is actually listening to each other since everyone’s constantly checking Whatsapp or Social Media updates – to downright dangerous – e.g. looking down to message someone whilst driving!
Yet, we could not do many of the wonderful things we do today without today’s incredible nano technology! The instant communication we now enjoy over vast distances has truly transformed the way we interact with each other and, indeed, the way we perceive our world.
As with all great spiritual truths and matters of consciousness, the rapid increase in technological living is neither good nor bad – it’s ultimately our choice how we use it.
I find that technology isn’t the source of the problem. As always, it’s the untrained, distracted mind that is the source of the social problems we now see occurring as a result of these huge technological advances.
Example: you go into a coffee shop to relax or get some work done on your laptop but a family decides their four kids should all use their devices at full blast without ear phones!
Ironically, many of us have unconsciously become slaves to our phones, so we need to check in and look at the habits we’ve created for ourselves. Some cannot resist the constant ping of their high tech devices even in the midst of something serious! For example, I saw a news story recently about a doctor who answered his phone during surgery! I seriously doubt the patient was happy when they learned about this post surgery!
The habit of “multi-tasking” has become a source of pride in some circles but many studies have proven that the distractions of multi-tasking reduce the quality of all the activities.
That makes perfect sense from a spiritual vantage point because practices like yoga and mindfulness meditation train the mind to be ‘one pointed’ to enhance the overall quality of the mind, and to stop disturbing influences (‘chitta’).
I’ve found that I can actually accomplish much more, using far less mental energy, if I focus directly on one activity at a time, so I invite you to come back into the simplicity of focusing on the NOW!
You will also enjoy your activities so much more when you honour each moment.
Here are gour top tips for regaining control over your life and your mental health!
- Specify blocks of time when you will use your phone, check your Facebook page, read your e-mail, engage in low-priority activities, or otherwise become distracted. During the rest of the time, focus on activities or people that enrich your life and propel you toward that ideal life.
- Resist the temptation to become constantly distracted! If this is difficult, ask yourself if you might be addicted to technology and/or distractions! It could be a symptom that you are avoiding real life for some reason… is there someone or something causing you pain that you don’t want to face?
- Shift your focus to learning, creating and enjoying the moment. Create richer memories that bring you more of what you truly want.
- Look into the eyes of the people you are with and let them know how important they are to you. Make the time to have real conversations with those around you, rather than allowing the quality of your relationships to suffer as you get distracted by your phone… again!
They are easy to implement but you must want to do them! Of course, if you’re happy with the way things are, then there’s no need to change anything…
Life is meant to be lived! People are meant to be appreciated!
Let’s make the most of it!
“I focus on this moment without distraction.”
Enjoyed this article and want to know more? Here are some easy steps you can take right now…
- Sign up for our global email list “Health and Energy Medicine” at http://bit.ly/entherapy
- Book a life changing “remote healing session” with Soul Guidance with Jaime: https://www.energytherapy.biz/energy-healing-with-jaime-tanna/
- Follow us on our Telegram channel here: https://t.me/entherapy