Learning to move from Busy-ness to Balance
In a world that myopically attributes value to ‘being busy’, many of us are led to feel guilty for relaxing and creating more space in our lives. Yet how much of this ‘busy-ness’ is really necessary?
You can easily find yourself being busy without being productive… So when you hear yourself saying ‘I’m busy doing….’, or ‘I’m so busy…’, stop!
Stop saying this to others, and then stop saying it to yourself (in your head). Without the space for reflection, connection and rest we will operate from bad habits and this may even lead to self-destructive actions if we overwork and burn ourselves out.
“It’s incredibly easy to get caught up in an activity trap, in the busyness of life, to work harder and harder at climbing the ladder of success only to discover it’s leaning against the wrong wall. It is possible to be busyâ€”very busyâ€”without being very effective.” Stephen Covey
Make a point to get back in touch with the natural, grounded state of your body! This means prioritising some vital ‘me time’ for total relaxation and rest – ideally, dedicate at least ONE full day a week to the practice of mindfulness where you can just ‘be’.
You are a human ‘being’ not a human ‘doing’. Right?
Wake consciously, breathe consciously, eat consciously, touch consciously, rest consciously… do everything as if you had all the time in the world for just this moment… and, oh yes, switch off your technological gadgets!
The habitualised ‘busy’ mind will object: ‘but, I can’t… I’ve got to…’
Notice it, and let it go.
Yet, when you create time and space for yourself to relax and refresh, you will have more time, and more energy to do the things you really need to do — and you will also do those things with less time and less energy.
All the following can be used to disengage your chattering mind and help you slow down.
- Having a cup of (herbal) tea or coffee without looking at your phone, or reading the paper.
- Going for a walk in nature – just you, nobody else, and no gadgets!
- Lying on the ground and staring at the clouds as they float by…
- Having a luxurious salt bath… feel the sensation of the water and watch your thoughts as the arise and fall away…
I’m sure you can come up with a few more.
We have been seeing a dramatic rise in censorship across Big Tech platforms like YouTube and Facebook but want to bring you the truth about COVID-19 that is being blatantly ignored by mainstream. Facebook even went so far as to delete our 2M page in February 2021 but we continue on because the TRUTH must NEVER be suppressed!
- Sign up for our global email list “The Truth About Health and Science” at http://bit.ly/entherapy
- Follow us on Telegram here: https://t.me/entherapy
- Watch this groundbreaking interview between Israeli Holocaust Survivor Vera Sherav and Dr. Reiner Fuellmich on the unfolding ‘Global Genocide’: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdlWhuUFuKs&feature=youtu.be