Tony Robbins, the nation’s leader in the science of peak performance, shows you his most effective strategies and techniques for mastering your emotions, your body, your relationships, your finances, and your life.
The acknowledged expert in the psychology of change, Anthony Robbins provides a step-by-step program teaching the fundamental lessons of self-mastery that will enable you to discover your true purpose, take control of your life, and harness the forces that shape your destiny.
The Book in Three Sentences
- “Any time you sincerely want to make a change, the first thing you must do is to raise your standards and believe you can meet them”.
- “We must change our belief system and develop a sense of certainty that we can and will meet the new standards before we actually do”.
- “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently”.
The Five Big Ideas
- “The three decisions that control your destiny are: 1. Your decisions about what to focus on. 2. Your decisions about what things mean to you. 3. Your decisions about what to do to create the results you desire”.
- “By changing any one of these five elements—whether it’s a core belief or rule, a value, a reference, a question, or an emotional state—you can immediately produce a powerful and measurable change in your life”.
- “Everything you and I do, we do either out of our need to avoid pain or our desire to gain pleasure”.
- “It’s not the events of our lives that shape us, but our beliefs as to what those events mean”.
- “Focus on where you want to go, not on what you fear”.